I finally have car! His name is Douglas the Daihatsu. He is about 12 years old and has manual transmission. I've never driven standard before, and never on the left side of the road, so me and Dougie have been through some fun times together so far. I am finally getting the hang of it now after a week and haven't stalled him for a couple days now. He has already been on various road trips such as the beach in Soma, and to the castle in Aizu. I got him (for free!!) from a lovely JET named Amanda who has now left Japan. I'm grateful for her generousity! Here is a picture of Douglas:

This is my favorite picture from the day at the beach in Soma:

We went in the ocean in Soma, but it was frigidly cold still! It was enjoyable nonetheless.
The next day we went to see the cherry blossoms in Aizu. Here is a pic by the riverside:
.JPG)
My next adventure is to Kyushu on Saturday. I'll be sure to update the blog afterwards. There huge hitchhiking event going on, so I look forward to camping in tents and hitchhiking my way though the island!
2 comments:
That's sweet man! Congrats!!
Strangely enough, I am also being given a Daihatsu (but only for Golden Week) haha.
hahah, sweet ass! They seem to be the popular car in Japan! Rarely do I see non-Japanese cars here. They do like Mercedes though.
Post a Comment